17th March 2020
Dear Parents / Carers
Re: Coronavirus Advice
As outlined yesterday and in light of the changing situation around coronavirus, we feel that it is necessary to put in place the following sensible measures over the next 3 weeks and review this when we return after the Easter holidays;
· No school assemblies will take place. Split school lunchtimes.
· No before or after school clubs. Breakfast and Tea Club will continue – however we are advising that this be used only if absolutely necessary.
· All whole school events and sports competitions will be cancelled.
· Postpone all external educational trips.
Seaburn Dene Primary will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
· Confirmed case of coronavirus involving children or staff or immediate families.
· Government directive from the Department for Education or Public Health England.
If the decision is made by the Government to close schools, then the following steps will be taken; The decision to close schools will be communicated to parents via;
· The school website
· Text message
· Letter (if during the school week)
· Class Dojo.
Your child’s education is important and we want to ensure that packs of work/activities/links to websites are given to your child to complete if they are required to stay at home – via Class Dojo or in paper copy, if a family is unable to access Class Dojo.
Please continue to use the up to date information that is provided by the following websites regarding the current COVID-19 situation.
These official sites are important public websites so you can get the most up to date news, information and guidance to address any concerns you may have.
Mr John Howe