At Seaburn Dene Primary we run a pre-ordering system which allows children to choose their main meal option on a 3 week running cycle.
Nursery children eligible for 30 hours or on a flexible option have a school meal in the Nursery classroom at a cost of £2.20 per day. All children in Reception, Years 1 and 2 receive a Free School Meal. Children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 have the flexibility of choosing a School Meal, at a cost of £2.20 per day, or combining School Meals and Packed Lunches, as long as the same lunch pattern is chosen for each of the 3 week cycle.
For those parents who pay for school meals, payment MUST be received in advance of the meals being taken. Methods available are cash, cheque (made payable to Seaburn Dene Primary School) or internet payment via the City of Sunderland Homepage, using the option 'Pay For It'. Meals can be paid for weekly, monthly, termly - whichever is the most appropriate for you. Please be aware that should we see continued debit balances on a child's account we will withdraw the offer of a school meal unless you have contacted the office to give an explanation.
Order Forms can be downloaded or collected from the School Office and, once completed and handed in, staff will advise when children may start. A minimum of one week's notice is required to change from School Meals to Packed Lunches for those children in Years 3 to 6. Children may change their menu choices at any time by speaking to a member of office staff.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you think you may be eligible for free school meals please access the Family Portal at: www.togetherforchildren.org.uk/families/free-school-meals . The website has a user guide to support the claimant and they can also contact Sunderland's Free School Meal Team on 0191 561 1417 for additional support.