We're back - as a whole school. Finally. I speak for perhaps every member of staff by saying we sincerely hope that this is the last time we have to do this. Of course, we are really looking forward to having all of the children back in school - the buzz and bustle of a full school and seeing and hearing children learn and play throughout the day is irreplaceable and brings a smile to everyone's face.
Fundraising for 20-21
The Friends of the School are supporting our plans to completely revamp our outdoor areas. The fundraising total is just short of £10,000 - with more than £5,000 of that raised, amazingly over Christmas. What is the money going to?
*EYFS - Water wall, music wall and timber maize.
*Main Yard - Ball wall (football goal, basketball hoop and cricket stumps in a wooden wall.)
*Main Yard - Traversing wall - for climbing.
*Wildlife corridor - at the foot of the main yard, inc planting native species and creating a wildlife area. Nesting boxes, bug hotels etc
*Sensory planting - EYFS/Yr 1 quad and main yard quad.
The Friends have organised a non-uniform day this Friday (chocolate Easter tombola - bring an Easter egg or chocolate for our tombola.)
Children come dressed for PE in their school PE kit. No bags are necessary and we are discouraging children from bringing them into school.
Monday - Y4/Y2
Tuesday - Y5/Y3
Wednesday - Nursery/Y1
Thursday - Reception/Y6/Y5
Friday - Y4/Y5
In order to protect one another, and to keep to the guidelines of the National Lockdown, we are reminding parents/carers:
1. Only arrive at the drop off point at your allocated time and not before. Please do not be late.
2. Avoid congregating and leave as soon as your child/children has/have come through the gate.
3. Only one parent/carer. Thank you.
4. Wherever possible stand away from the gates and the middle of the path, so children and parents with young children don't have to walk on the road to keep a 2m distance.
5. We request that you wear face coverings when dropping off.
Reminder of staggered times for drop off and collection:
Nursery - 8.45am to 11.45am/2.45pm
Reception - 8.55am - 3.20pm
Y1 - 8.50am - 3.15pm (EYFS/Y1 yard)
Y2 - 8.50am - 3.15pm (KS2 yard)
Y3 - 8.55am - 3.20pm
Y4 - 8.45am - 3.15pm
Y5 - 8.40am - 3.10pm
Y6 - 8.30am to 3pm.
Lateral Flow Tests
Parents with children at SDPS can now get regular, rapid, free coronavirus (Covid-19) testing.
These can be obtained:
* through your employer, if they offer testing to employees
* by collecting a home test kit from a local test site – anyone aged 18 or over can collect 2 packs of 7 tests
* by ordering a home test kit online – please do not order online if you can access testing through other routes, this frees up home delivery for those who need it most
See my letter on the website/Class Dojo for more information.