The leadership team have been been extremely busy finalising the Seaburn Dene Primary School Development Plan (SDP), which we are are reading to share the headlines with you below for 2018-19.
Seaburn Dene School Development Plan overview 2018-19
In 2018 we want to:
- Streamline assessment procedures for subjects other than maths, English and science to provide a clear and consistent understanding as to where each child is and what they need to do to make progress.
- Improve the percentage of children in receipt of Pupil Premium and Free School Meals who make the expected progress or better in writing and maths throughout the whole school.
- To improve attendance by
- being even more rigorous in following up the absences of those children falling below 90% and, in particular, those children categorised by the DFE as persistent absentees.
- rewarding those children with attendance of at least 96%, green for good behaviour, uniform and attitudes towards the end of the Summer term.
- Further improve opportunities in reading and writing skills within the Foundation Stage Unit, particularly providing quality learning opportunities across the curriculum, with a significant focus on these skills being developed in outdoor learning.