Foundation Stage - Our Lives
1. Same and Different - To appreciate the similarities and differences between boys and girls including the correct names of body parts.
2. Our Day - To consider the routines and patterns of a typical day and to understand some areas in which children can look after themselves e.g. dressing and undressing.
3. Keeping Ourselves Clean - To understand why hygiene is important and explain why it is important to keep clean using some basic hygiene routines.
4. Families - To recognise that all families are different by identifying members of the family and understanding how they can help each other.
Year 1 - Exploring Friendship and Trust
1. Friends & Friendship - To understand the qualities needed to be a good friend.
2. Friendship Quilt - To recognise that a problem can be dealt with by talking.
3. Friends are People We Can Trust - To identify the key qualities of a good friend.
4.Keeping Friends - To understand how to be a friend to others.
1 Know your feelings, describe feelings and recognise how these can be changed.
2 The Smell Monster relate feelings to actions and realise the consequences of not keeping clean.
3 The Smell Monster- keeping our bodies clean.
4. Keeping Our Bodies Clean.
Year 3 - Your Feelings, Your Choice.
1. Feelings - To recognise negative feelings and appreciate them.
2. Know your Feelings - To understand how to deal with negative feelings.
3. Someone to Tell - To be able to offer help and advice to people in difficult situations.
4. Making Decisions - To develop the skills needed to deal with different situations themselves.
Year 4 - Keeping Safe
1. Who makes the choice - considering the implications of a decision.
2. Rules - To understand the need for rules.
3. Keeping Safe outside of school - To be aware of dangerous situations and to recognise how to minimise personal risk.
4. Responsibility - To understand how human responsibilities change.
Year 5 - Growing and Changing - Puberty
1. Puberty - To know how our emotions and bodies are changing and how to deal with these changes.
2. Rules - To recognise why we have rules, how rules are made, how they are enforced and how we can all take part in making and changing rules.
3. A Healthy Lifestyle - To understand what is needed to be a healthy person, physically and mentally.
4. Descisions- How to make informed choices about a range of subject areas.
Year 6 - Growing and Changing - Puberty
1. Puberty - To know how and why puberty changes occur.
2. Changing Relationships - To recognise a wide variety of changes.
3. Relationships - To be aware that not all information is accurate.
4.Growing and Changing - To produce a magazine about puberty, growing up and relationships.