Foundation Stage - Our Lives
1. Same and Different - To appreciate the similarities and differences between boys and girls including the correct names of body parts.
2. Our Day - To consider the routines and patterns of a typical day and to understand some areas in which children can look after themselves e.g. dressing and undressing.
3. Keeping Ourselves Clean - To understand why hygiene is important and explain why it is important to keep clean using some basic hygiene routines.
4. Families - To recognise that all families are different by identifying members of the family and understanding how they can help each other.
Year 1 - SRE
1. The importance of and how to maintain personal hygiene.
2. The process of growing from young to old and how people’s needs change.
3. The names for the main parts of the body (including external genitalia) the similarities and differences between boys and girls.
4. About the people who look after them, their family networks, who to go to if they are worried and how to attract their attention, ways that pupils can help these people to look after them.
1 Know your feelings, describe feelings and recognise how these can be changed.
2 The Smell Monster relate feelings to actions and realise the consequences of not keeping clean.
3 The Smell Monster- keeping our bodies clean.
4. Keeping Our Bodies Clean.
Your Feelings, Your Choice. (PSCHE)
1. Feelings - To recognise negative feelings and appreciate them.
2. Know your Feelings - To understand how to deal with negative feelings.
3. Someone to Tell - To be able to offer help and advice to people in difficult situations.
4. Making Decisions - To develop the skills needed to deal with different situations themselves.
Health and Wellbeing (SRE)
1) the names for the main parts of the body (including external genitalia) the similarities and
differences between boys and girls.
2) to recognise when and how to ask for help and use basic techniques for resisting pressure to do something
dangerous, unhealthy, that makes them uncomfortable, anxious or that they believe to be wrong.
1) to be aware of different types of relationship, including those between friends and families, civil partnerships and marriage.
2) to judge what kind of physical contact is acceptable or unacceptable and how to respond.
Year 4 - Keeping Safe
1. Who makes the choice - considering the implications of a decision.
2. Rules - To understand the need for rules.
3. Keeping Safe outside of school - To be aware of dangerous situations and to recognise how to minimise personal risk.
4. Responsibility - To understand how human responsibilities change.
Year 5 and 6 - Growing and Changing - Puberty
To explore the emotional and physical changes occurring in puberty.
Ask questions about puberty with confidence.
Describe how and why the body changes during puberty
in preparation for reproduction.
2. Changing Relationships
Consider physical & emotional behaviour in relationships
Discuss different types of adult relationships with confidence
Know what form of touching is appropriate